Friday, July 13, 2007

God does stuff like this...

I'm sure if we have any sort or relationship at all - you have already been informed of my departure for Rwanda tomorrow. I just learned something crazy. As part of my preparation - i've been reading this book.

Yeah, I know - the cover is cheesy. I actually gave way to the old proverbial sayings and judged this entire book by the lame eagle/sepia tone combo... but I decided to read it anyway. So i'm on page nintey-eight, I'm gonna power through the rest today, and I just found out that the entire narration in this book takes place in the exact city that my team is going to.

Absolutely insane. All these places she writes about and the lake that her house once had a great view of before it was burnt down... thats all right were we are headed. It totally blew my mind, I was reading - and she said something like "I never imagined all of these horrors coming to Kibuye."

Blew my mind.

27 hours...

2 comments:

cephalothorax said...

wow that is weird.
the picture still isn't working.
i would suggest getting a new one.

Songbird. said...

Guess what?

Guess what?

Guess what?

Guess what?

Guess what?








We're going to Rwanda!!!!!!!