Thursday, July 12, 2007

Something Fishy is Going On... V-1.0

And I'm not talking about any tuna casserole. Or even salmon dumplings for that matter... Maybe a Tod's boat, though.

[that was entirely relevant - i'll explain later.]

I am beginning to think more and more that I might be sharing a split personality. Or I am being incredibly selfish with half of it... or something. The entity I am speaking of lies in the host body of this guy.

Immediate Evidence of Multiple Person[s] in Harmony Syndrome - [MPHS... not to be confused with MVHS]
a. Same name.
b. Near identical musical interests.
c. Similar humor style.
f. Common appreciation for the above three items.

I know- its an f. Deal with it.

Lets go back for a minute... Circa 2007 - first week of July. While conversing with this apparent distant twin, [perhaps an immediate cousin, or some other polar extreme], the genre of Hanson came about. [Yes - Hanson does in fact possess His own genre... and pronoun.] I mentioned that Hanson was my first DBB [defining-boy-band] and PMI [prominent-musical-interest]. He said it was his too, so I gave him a test.

You know how everyone acts like they don't know any of the names of Pokemon but say they used to love it? Quit fooling yourself people - I'm sure you know all about gym battles and rare-candy coast sailing expeditions. Sixth slot? Pokemasters - you know what I'm talkin about. Oh, anyways - typically it goes like this.

Pseudo-fan: 'Oh yeah! hanson, [lowercase is evident in articulation] - dudes with the girly hair who sang, you know, like mmm-bop, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, WOO!'

[if anyone can name that song pseudo-fan was mistaken with, i will seriously kiss your feet.]


I won't go to in depth to Hanson in this entry... but ultimately - he answered the question correctly. We karaokied through a few verses of such songs including: Weird, Thinking of You, Middle of Nowhere, Yearbook, Pictures, and so on. He is the first of the male species I have come across with the same completely nothingtobeguiltyabout-pleasure.

I think thats enough evidence. Case closed.

[mostly - I'm just trying to cut back on blog length. keep your eyes open for part two.]



now check this out... potentially the most widely versatile use of nineteen-ninety television editing effects.

Oh - and about that Todd's boat thing... thats just a piece of sushi. We split on about a month ago - so there.

I use brackets way too much. I must like Sigur Ros.



I can't not put this here... another perfect example of the brilliance that is Hanson - and the ingenious of His videos.

three highlights.
1. zach's totally pop-star mic
2. isaacs wifebeat
3. closeups on the acoustic...
there is no acoustic in this song.

4 comments:

cephalothorax said...

i don't even understand why someone would pretend to like Hanson.
that would be a dumb thing to lie about.
it is reasonable that you used to like them and all,
but pretending to like Hanson to fit in just seems unreasonable.

David T. Ulrich said...

i agree.

Hanson is very much of an all or nothing following.

Sort of like some other dude i know...

Heather Leith said...

MMMBop is the name of the song. Is that what you mean?

I'm sorry. I did not understand this post at all.

But I appreciate it.

David T. Ulrich said...

no... thats not the song i'm talking about.