Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stupid Things: Part A




[ or, the dumb stuff i used to wear ]

if you know anything about me at all, you may have perceived my desire for a more avant garde eclecticity.

this style did not fall upon me suddenly. with private school education comes khakis and polos for a twelve year elementary span... which only leaves one thing worth looking forward to.

free-dress-days.

Every month-ish or so, a day would be allotted to sport whatever newer/lamer sunshine bookstore apparel you could come up with. i took this day for what it was: freedom.


the following depicts one of my favorite FDD selections.

Black Wife-beat, See-Thru-Blue Hawaiian Shirt, Orange Zip-Offs.

It takes guts to sport complimentary colors in the fourth grade.

Another fav. was the black [and/or blue] jeans with sequin thread trim and the Tony Hawk bright red tee.

Oh childhood. You aren't so far off.

What was your favorite-worst outfit?
Or worst-favorite outfit?

7 comments:

Heather Leith said...

i think this version of david ul should be revived.

rachel kalei. said...

in fourth grade when i wore cheetah pant suits and boots fringed with zebra print.


my friends still tease me to this day.

tal said...

wow i remember free dress days! only at my school they were so strict some people decided it would be easier to just wear their uniform.

but my worst outfit was this awful one-shouldered pink shirt i got from limited too with a flamingo on it, worn with black softball shorts, a sliver sparkly belt, and a backwards visor that was red and said "Trinidad Tobago" on it.

sunshine said...

oh david, you are my favorite for sure.

um since i had not to many friends i didnt really know fashion, but hey i was in elementary school. but anyways, biking shorts, nike tennies, high socks, and a saddleback shirt{they varied}. oh and my glasses of course. i didnt ever wear my hair down either. wow, flashback

David T. Ulrich said...

tali: by definition, any limited too outfit will always be your worst-favorite.

Emily Schlicter said...

wow, i really wish i knew you then.

Alyssa said...

i had a few too many limited to outfits as well...

oh they will go down in infamy!